Friday, April 15, 2011

Introduction

OK! We're here and let's get started.

First, let me tell you what REALLY prompted this effort. I believe I have a couple of articles (and maybe a novel) in my brain that might be useful for some others, particularly those who have struggles similar to ones I have experienced. And for those articles (and a novel) to make it into print, I have to develop the skills of a writer - something I lack.

You see, a speaker can ramble, and, like that blind pig, find an acorn or two in his rambling. But he can entertain his audience yet never get his point across. Magazines and newspapers have editors and they don't usually pay "blind pigs" to "ramble." Hence, the need to acquire some skills.

And, yes, I know that you don't want to waste even more time on the computer than you already do, just reading what this bald tuba player has to say.

With that intro, you're invited to drop in every little bit and see if any of this interests you. Hope you'll laugh a bit, cry a bit, and maybe even make a comment or two or twelve if you find anything interesting, entertaining, agreeable, or even angering.

Feel free to agree, challenge, add to, ...whatever floats your boat.

And if you invite someone to visit this little patch of the internet-world, encourage them to read this introduction first. I wouldn't want them to think this a professional blog by any means. Forewarned IS forearmed, as they say.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what bits of wisdom you can share. Good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete